- Legal and other requirements
- Basic life support
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) steps
- Demonstration and use of a defibrillator (AED)
- Online Component (including assessments) - 5 Hours
- In Class Component (including assessments) - 1 Day
Students must complete the online module at least two working days before undertaking the face-to-face course.
Prior to attending the course, learners are sent a link to complete mandatory online pre-course learning and assessment by reading the Learner Guide and successfully answering eighty (80) knowledge quiz questions at their own pace. This must be completed prior to attending the practical session unless there are extenuating circumstances. In this situation, the learner must advise the Trainer and Assessor on arrival to the practical session.
This is a full-day course and is conducted on the last Friday of every month from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm at our Training Centre. Skills Force Australia is located in Wangara with free parking, however, there is the option for us to deliver training at your workplace.
Upon successful completion of your enrolment, training and assessment, you’ll receive a Statement of Attainment for
- HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
This qualification is current for at least 3 years however the CPR qualification itself is required to be refreshed every 12 months according to ARC guidelines.
Provided Course Resources:
Skills Force Australia provides the following resources for the student during the class sessions as learning resources:
- First Aid Manual – Free student handbooks are provided but are not required for training activities. The manual incorporates the latest first aid information and is a student resource providing additional information not covered under the training package core knowledge. It provides the student with an easy-to-read reference for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
- PowerPoint – This presentation is interactive with videos and customised to include examples and scenarios that are relevant to the real-life first aid and CPR emergencies that the student may face providing them with the skills and confidence to respond to a situation where emergency life support or basic first aid may be required.
Please view our student handbook for any further information