Skills Force Australia is a Registered Training Organisation (52354) located in Wangara, Western Australia. As an emerging training provider with low overheads, we are capable of providing professional training at highly competitive rates particularly through procurement agreements.
A competitive training rate is the dominant factor for organisations that recognise the importance of financial constraint and the bottom line. We not only provide great rates with 10% discount for group bookings 5 or more, but we ensure that we always deliver highly professional training from our trainers who have been carefully selected for their leadership and experience.
- CEO with 30 years experience in fire-fighting and emergency management
- Provision of fire safety training in regional areas including Port Hedland, Karratha, Mulga Downs (remote site) and Jurien Bay
- We have in place an occupational safety management system and continuous improvement processes
- We are audited by the Training and Accreditation Council WA
- Managing Director/CEO: Michael Nangle
- BA Social Science
- Post Graduate Certificate in Career Development
- Lead trainer Certificate IV (Training & Assessment)
- IT Administrator: Dylan Nangle
- BA Computer Science
- Operations Supervisor: Lynn Powell
- Administrative Assistant: Sandra Ewell
- Nationally accredited Demonstrate First Attack Fire-fighting Equipment CPPFES2005
- Nationally accredited Operate as part of an Emergency Control Organisation (Warden) PUAWER005
- Nationally accredited Chief Fire Warden PUAWER006
- Nationally accredited Provide First Aid and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
- One hour fire safety training non-accredited
- Development of emergency evacuation procedures
- Design emergency evacuation wall diagrams and fire risk assessment
Head office: Unit 5, 12-14 Baretta Road, Wangara, 6065
Phone: (08) 9309-4722; Mobile: 0417777811
Skills Force Australia will comply with applicable legislation that relates to its fire safety training including:
We will ensure that our Bullex and other gas fire training systems, portable hose reels, fire blankets or portable fire extinguishers are maintained in accordance with manufacturer's instructions:
- Portable Fire Extinguishers: AS/NZS1841.1-07,
- Fire Blankets: AS/NZS3504-06,
- Hose Reels: AS/NZS1221-97
- AS 1851-2005
However the client must ensure that workplace hose reels are appropriately maintained when training is provided at their workplace.
Emergency control organisation, emergency procedures, diagrams and other procedures for buildings, structures and workplaces AS 3745-2010, will be established in accordance with the standards. We will aim to comply with the standard in addition to the relevant training package requirements.
Building Code of Australia
The BCA Goal: The goal of the BCA is to enable the achievement of nationally consistent, minimum necessary standards of relevant, health and safety. Provisions under the code require the installation of fire equipment which has relevance to Skills Force Australia. Importantly, due to the requirement for installation of fire equipment there is an equal requirement to provide fire safety training.
When Skills Force Australia is contacted to provide a fire safety audit then the BCA and Australia Standards are referenced (Level 2 only)
Occupational Safety and Health
The principal objective of the Occupational Safety and Health Act is to promote and secure the safety and health of persons in the workplace.
We take safety seriously and ensure that our training conditions and services abide by the following policy:
- Ensure flammable liquid containers are appropriately marked when our Bullex system is not used.
- Ensure participants do not stand closer than 1m to the fire tray when using extinguishers (Blankets not included).
- All training is conducted upwind and is mostly exempt from restricted / total fire bans subject to agreed conditions (DFES).
- Safety glasses, long sleeves and enclosed footwear must be worn at all training sessions (participants may be required to attend a alternative training session subject to the trainers decision with regards to occupational health and safety).
- Skills Force Australia trainers will ensure that access to a first aid kit and a back up fire extinguisher is available at all times.
- Clear and safe training area is required at the workplace or training facility ensuring that at least 4 metres is provided and that no dangerous goods, gases or property will be effected by our training.
- Skills Force Australia does not guarantee losses to property due to the failure of clients adhering to this requirement.
- Clients are responsible to ensure that Fire Equipment Inspection training is suitable for their requirements and that they conform to relevant Insurance and other regulations.
Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP)
At times participants may require support for training and assessment due to literacy and numeracy skills therefore it is important that employers or individuals provide this information to Skills Force Australia. Please contact the Department of Immigration and Citizenship or other relevant organisations for information regarding English tuition or other requirements to eligible adult migrants.