This course includes the following combined three (3) units:
- RIIWHS202E Enter and work in confined spaces
- MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres
- MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
Our training includes consideration of serious safety aspects of entering and working in confined spaces, and the testing of a working atmosphere to determine if it is safe for the proposed work. Participants will gain the knowledge and skills to identify various risks, review risk assessments, conducting gas testing using detector equipment and enter confined spaces in accordance with an issued work permit.
Participants are firstly required to successfully complete:
- An online theory training and assessment prior to attending the day course at our facility in Baretta Road, Wangara followed by;
- The day course that includes a Power Point and audio-visual display together with a range of practical exercises wearing appropriate PPE and practical assessments.
Please consider the Construction Training Fund (CTF) link: Saferight – Rebate Construction Training Fund
- Enter and work in Confined Spaces
The expected learning outcomes for the Nationally Recognised Training unit RIIWHS202E Enter and work in confined spaces are:
- Plan and prepare for working in confined spaces
- Work in confined spaces
- Exit confined spaces and Clean up
- Gas testing atmospheres
- Types and selection of gas detectors
- Sampling regimes and techniques, Inspections and maintenance
- Calibration and bump tests, Risk management when sampling
- Gas types, Characteristics and toxicity
- Lower and upper explosive limits
- Permits, Gas testing procedures and applicable legislation
- Work in accordance with an issued work permit
- Identifying the range and scope of work covered by the permit
- Checking that the right type of permit has been issued for the type of work
- Adequately preparing to undertake the work, including obtaining all necessary safety equipment and PPE
- Undertaking the work strictly in accordance with the provisions of the permit
- Maintaining correct housekeeping with permit activities
- Completing work in accordance with the permit requirements
- Querying or raising matters about the permit if the scope of work/nature of the tools to be used varies from that covered by the permit
- Handing back the permit in accordance with procedures and obtaining appropriate sign off as required.
*Indicates that the course is presently available and has been updated to align with current industry standards.
See more at: https://training.gov.au/
- RIIWHS202E – Enter and work in confined spaces (Release 2)
- MSMWHS217 – Gas test atmospheres (Release 1)
- MSMPER200 – Work in accordance with an issued permit (Release 1)
Allow one day for this face to face course including theory, practical assessments and 40 minute lunch break. It is run every Wednesday from 0745am and is dependent on minimum student numbers (At least 3).
There are no pre-requisites required for this course. Participants – For both Safe working at heights and Confined space training;
- Must be able to enter and work in a confined space and or on top of a platform (e.g. no claustrophobia or fear of heights).
- Must have good general health and fitness for practicals (entering and working within a confined space, ability to wear a harness and climb a ladder/work at heights).
*Please contact Skills Force Australia for any concerns regarding completion of practical training and assessment requirements and to discuss options for reasonable adjustments. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Must wear long sleeved shirt, long leg pants and steel cap boots.
- Must hold a USI (unique student identifier) number. Click here for further information: USI Website
Language Literacy and Numeracy requirement:
- RTO’s are required to obtain evidence that you have minimum Level of English language, literacy and numeracy skills to ensure this course is right for you. Participants must complete a short LLN quiz which is automatically sent to Skills Force Australia to validate. If the quiz provides evidence that Participants have this level then they will not be contacted and may continue with theory and practical training.
- Those who do not successfully complete this quiz will be required to access appropriate assistance.
Please view the following Participant support links:
This course is conducted every Wednesday from 7:45 am to 3:00pm at our Training Centre at Unit 5, 12-14 Baretta Road, Wangara, 6065.
There is the option for us to deliver group training at your workplace.