- Power-point presentation including basic occupational health and safety and evacuation procedures, theory of combustion, fire safety presentation, classification of fire, principals of extinguishment, fire spread and types of fire extinguishers followed by:
- Practical use of fire extinguishers, fire blanket and hose reel (Bullex or our portable gas training system)
- Practical assessment, theory assessment and course evaluation.
- Assessment will be conducted by Skills Force Australia with successful participants gaining a nationally endorsed Statement of Attainment (competent).
This course is delivered in 4 hours.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
This half-day course is conducted every Monday and Tuesday at our Training Centre. Skills Force Australia is located in Wangara with free parking, however, there is the option for us to deliver training at your workplace.
Upon completion, participants will be presented with a statement of attainment for the following:
- CPPFES2005 Demonstrate First Attack Firefighting Equipment Training
Please see the following documents for further information: Demonstrate first attack fire Skills Force 2019 PDF
Applicable to training at your workplace:
- Parking area for trainers (To setup accredited fire training area, in some cases we will also have a trailer)
- Minimum of 4 square metres safe training area away from combustible material and vehicles.
- Fire hose reel.
- Training room for power point presentation.
- Skills Force Australia has an exemption (FESA) for training on restricted/total fire ban days however we may change the training date for more suitable weather at our discretion.
- Maximum group size 15.
The Bullex ITS fire equipment and our new compact gas training systems are very safe and do not require standard fire extinguishers such as messy dry chemical powders and have minimal effect on the environment.
All safety equipment is provided including safety glasses and gloves however we require participants to have fully enclosed footwear and long sleeves.
- Note: Regional training provided in areas such as Kalgoorlie, Karratha, Port Hedland or mining sites will require additional trainer fees that include:
- Return air from Perth, vehicle hire (if required) trainer toil, possible overnight accommodation.
- Recommended qualification period of 2 years.
You can help us keep your training costs down by:
- Arranging for a minimum of 5 participants (Particularly for training conducted at your workplace)
- Regional training: Participant numbers will be accepted and set on registration (our invoicing will reflect participant numbers as of registration date)
- When you register for training please ensure that ALL participants arrive at our facility or are available for training (Agreed participant numbers) as your invoice will reflect this. This prevents situations where our trainers arrive in regional towns or mining sites only to find that participant numbers are reduced and we suffer a loss.